Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

October 20, 2019

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday, October 20, 2019


Tonight's picture was taken 12 years ago today. Mattie was five years old and was attending a weekend Fall Festival. How do you like this gigantic slide? You can see Mattie and Peter going down it together. The funny part about all of this was Mattie at one time was very scared of all slides. Even the small ones in playgrounds. However, with a lot of coaxing and support, he eventually got use to them and then did a complete 180. He grew to LOVE them and he would want to slide down them multiple times! 




Quote of the day: Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.Bob Marley


For the past four days, Peter was in Boston visiting his parents. While he was away, I had full time animal duty. As you can see from this photo.... life is hard for Indie and Sunny. But who says cats and dogs don't get along? 

Sunny and Indie have a great relationship and have no problem sharing our living space. However, this photo shows Sunny resting up, until I was dressed and ready to take him on a long walk. He may look like he was sleeping, but he was listening to my every movement. 
When one of us goes away, Sunny becomes hyper anxious. In fact, any change in routine sets his delicate balance off completely. Yet while Sunny is a handful, Indie is a peach. She is so calm and loving. This was where she was last night..... right near my feet. 






Meanwhile, this is what I woke up to this morning. I literally turned around and found Sunny where Peter's pillows used to be. This is a very strategic move, because this way if I get up, he can keep his eyes on me and I won't forget to meet his needs. Not that I would, but his anxiousness takes over. 

It was a non-stop rainy day today. As a dog owner one learns to walk in all sorts of weather, but I have to admit I don't like the rain. When Peter got home today, we sat down and reviewed the week ahead, as we are busy with people interviewing us, presenting at a local high school, and meeting leaders of a big professional association.

No comments: