Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

October 29, 2021

Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday, October 29, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken in October of 2005. Mattie was three years old and together we made his calico cat costume that year. Mattie wanted to look just like our cat, Patches. So we went to AC Moore, bought the felt, and got this black sweatsuit at Target. I cut the patches and Mattie and I hot glued them to the costume. To me, Mattie made the cutest cat. However, the day before Halloween, Mattie was hospitalized with sepsis. So he never got to wear the costume or go trick or treating. Nonetheless, I saved the costume and he officially wore it the following year in 2006. By that point the sweatsuit actually fit him. 



Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 45,895,114
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 745,006


It was another winner of a day on the Farm. It is non-stop here, so much so that I rarely have time for lunch or to drink fluids during the day. It is just frenetic. I had the plumber over today, he was supposed to install a new vanity that I purchased for my mom's bathroom. Turns out that the vanity I bought couldn't be installed because of the positioning of the pipes! LIVID! So I had to figure out how to return it and then order a vanity that would actually work. Needless to say that means the plumber is coming back out next week. Thankfully I like the plumber. Nonetheless, I was up and down the stairs countless times with the plumber trying to figure out how to manage this new vanity order and installation. Of course when we move the old vanity, we have no idea what the floor under it will be like, nor whether the new vanity will install properly. I would love to just order a new sink top for the old vanity, but the old vanity is a very old piece and new sinks are not made with this dimension. Even so, do you know ordering only the sink top (and not the vanity) is even more expensive than ordering the whole vanity. Go figure. Of course the reason I am doing this is because the former owner left us with a cracked sink, so there is no fixing it, and turning the water on, leads to a flood. 

Meanwhile, this was delivered today! It was raining cats and dogs, so getting these boxes in was important. 
Given the volume coming in, I began sorting items today. Now I have sections of the room designated for nuts, coffee, chips, cereal, candy, cookies, etc! I am lucky to have this open space. It won't look like this for long when my parent's furniture gets here, but this space is so needed for Foundation purposes. 



No comments: