Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

October 26, 2021

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 -- Mattie died 630 weeks ago today. 

Tonight's picture was taken in Halloween of 2002. That was Mattie's first Halloween. He was only 6 months old and I did not even dress him up. However, we bought a big pumpkin and I put it next to Mattie to commemorate  the occasion. 



Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 45,597,371
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 738,564


There is no peace on the farm! It is my mantra. I can't get anything done because I feel like I am a full time caregiver to the house. Today's debacle was dealing with the pool company. I am not a swimmer, but I fell in love with the property in part because of the water feature in the backyard. I think it is very therapeutic to look at. In any case, it adds to the complexity of things to maintain. One of the things you need to do on the East coast is winterize your pool. This requires a pool cover installation. The cover for our particular pool is customized to its shape. Guess what? The cover is not on the property, which means someone took it! That is bad enough but when I heard the price for this cover, I lost it. 

In addition, the previous owner paid for weekly pool service through September. Now we are into October. I had written to the pool company telling them I wanted to know the transition plan from the previous owner to us. No one ever responded. Until yesterday, when they sent me a large bill electronically. In addition to the poor communication, they have pulled pool service from our property until we pay our two month overdue bill. Hysterical, since we never received a bill until yesterday! So how it can be overdue is fascinating. But it's Fall, and with Fall comes A LOT of leaves. Therefore, I put in writing that their lack of service is unacceptable and that I wanted this resolved.  

Needless to say, I spent the afternoon managing this problem and escalating the problem up to the owner of the company. I now have him hopping and pool service resumes tomorrow. That is only one of the problems I am managing. I am still dealing with the mysterious smell coming from the drains of one bathroom. There can be times during the day you don't smell it and then other times where the smell is so pervasive it reaches the first floor. I have the plumber coming back on Friday to re-evaluate and also install a new bathroom sink in a different bathroom. Thanks to my nose and observations, according to the plumber, I have prevented major floods in the house already! Something to add to my resume. 

No comments: