Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

October 18, 2021

Monday, October 18, 2021

Monday, October 18, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken on October 30, 2008. Mattie was released from the hospital for Halloween. However, Mattie did celebrate the holiday twice... once at the hospital and then trick or treating in Alexandria with his friend, Zachary! Mattie visited the child life playroom the day before Halloween to participate in some decorating. I always can tell whether Mattie was inpatient or outpatient based on what he was wearing. If he was in the hospital, he wanted to wear ONLY pajamas.  


Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with virus: 45,041,011
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 726,097


It's been quite the day. It started with me taking Sunny for his surgery follow-up. After two years of working with this vet, I had the opportunity to actually meet her today. She came out to the car, which was nice, because of COVID, I never met her. I only know her by voice. She thinks that Sunny is recovering but he is still quite restricted in movement for another month. As it takes two months for the bone to grow and heal. 

I have been working on a two series of photos for Peter's office. He is constantly on video conference calls, and people are asking him..... where are your photos? Right now his walls are bare. 

So on one wall, I am doing a photo series of animals. Keep in mind that all of these photos Peter or I have personally taken. 

These are capuchin monkeys in Gibraltar. 


This ostrich was on a farm in Aruba. 
The second series of photographs are places we have been together. For example this is a photo Peter took of the inside of the Coliseum in Rome. 
This is a photo of Nubble Light in York, Maine. There will be 20 photos of places and 9 photos of animals. When we get them on the walls, I will post some photographs. 


Later today I got a phone call from my mom. Originally we have been preparing for them to move in March of 2022. However, for the last week the timeline has moved up. I thought it was January, but today I was on the phone with my parents and the movers and I learned that with the mass exodus of people from Los Angeles, it is very very hard to schedule movers. So you basically have to work around their schedule and get on the books ASAP. Therefore, it appears that we are moving my parents here on December 6th. I was planning to go to Los Angeles on November 18, and now I will be staying there through the move. This leaves me scrambling to get things ready in the house (things that I wasn't even focused on because I thought I had more time) and also figure out just how I will get things done for the Foundation in my absence.

No comments: