Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 20, 2021

Monday, December 20, 2021

Monday, December 20, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2008. We drove down to the National Mall so we could show Mattie the Christmas tree and state trees. It was a holiday tradition we did as a three some. Of course in years prior, we all walked to the National Mall, as it was only blocks from our home. But in 2008, walking was not an option, but we were determined to continue to do normal things. Despite the fact that our life was anything but normal. As you can see Mattie really did not want to take a family photo and hid his face, nonetheless, I am glad we captured all our moments in time. 





Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 51,049,886
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 807,732


I honestly do not know how I could possibly describe my day to you. All I know is I am doing non-stop chores from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. It is no wonder why I can't get to the computer much to get any of my own work accomplished. What I need to accept is this is what my life is going to look like and stop feeling guilty and strung out that I am not getting to Foundation work. In fact, I feel so frazzled, I even thought about folding up the Foundation today. However, this is something that I have built and nurtured for 12 years in Mattie's memory, and we have accomplished so much, that I can't see letting go of my 501c3 baby. 

In the midst of everything going on I have also started prepping food for Christmas because I neither have the time nor energy to cook a big meal in one day. Instead, I manage a dish a day and refrigerate it, so it can be cooked it on Christmas day. This is a whole lot easier than trying to do the impossible on the 25th! 

As for the 10 large (and I mean large and HEAVY) wardrobe boxes that we had, I advertised them on Next Door. My friend told me about this app, and it has been a God sent since we moved to this house. I can't tell you all the things I gave away to local residents for free. There were so many items in this house that I did not like or wouldn't use, but knew someone could benefit from it. On Saturday, I advertised the 10 wardrobe boxes, and as of tonight, all 10 will be gone. I have decided that I will do the same thing with our packing boxes, when I eventually get to them. Packing boxes add up in cost, and people are always moving, so I figure someone should benefit from these boxes, rather than putting them in the recycling bin. All I know is when someone takes things off my hands, it saves me MORE work and time, which I deeply appreciate!

No comments: