Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

June 29, 2023

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Tonight's picture was taken in June of 2007. Mattie was five years old. That weekend, we took Mattie to Dutch Wonderland in Pennsylvania. This was his first roller coaster ride. I wasn't sure Mattie was going to like it, particularly because I have NEVER been on a roller coaster, and I am just fine with that! They scare me, as I don't do well with motion. Fortunately Peter does, and what I learned that day was Mattie LOVED roller coasters. I can't tell you how many times he went on it. He loved the thrill, the movement, and doing an activity with his dad. I was just happy to be on the ground and to photograph that special moment in time. 


Quote of the day: The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. ~ Ulysses S. Grant


You know when you just had about enough?! Well this morning I reached my maximum in the overload department. I was juggling both of my parents, my dad's physical therapist, and the artist who is working on painting landscapes of our home. In the midst of this, chaos ensued starting at 7:30am in our cul de sac. 

Literally at one point trucks had blocked access in or out of our driveway. I was directing cars up and down our driveway, and at one point, I moved my car into the street and had my dad's physical therapist park in the garage. While I was walking in the street from my car, I interacted with one of the crew members on site at my neighbor's house. It wasn't one of my finest hours as I told him I have chaos inside my house and now thanks to him and his crew, I have total chaos outside and all around my house. Some days I can manage all the trucks better than others, but when I have people coming over to either help my parents or service our house, I have no patience what so ever. No patience because what I balance on any given day is already the impossible.

No comments: