Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 17, 2021

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken in November of 2005. Mattie was three years old and that day we took him to Great Falls. If you look closely, you can see the falls behind them. Mattie loved being outside and having an adventure. Whenever we take Sunny to the park now, I think of these Mattie moments in time. Mattie would have loved Sunny and something tells me they would have been great pals.  


Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 47,355,836
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 766,646


This morning our floor company came back to install new vent covers. The old vent covers do not match the new floor stain. This is the old vent. It has a very yellow maple color. 








Here is what the new vent covers look like. They have the same stain color on it as the floors! In addition, the former owner had some wood vent covers and some metal vent covers. Of course no consistency! The metal really stood out. As of today, the metal has been removed and everything now matches. 



When our flooring company sanded and re-stained our staircase, I noticed that the shoe molding (the wooden piece around the base of the last step, along the tile floor) was going in different directions. My eye caught it and I couldn't move passed this. So I brought it to the company's attention.
The new shoe molding was installed today. It is one piece of molding, properly aligned and color matched perfectly. 

I was all over the place today! Including Alexandria, VA, to bring our mass mailing for the Foundation to our post office. That post office house's our Mattie Miracle mailbox. It is a thirty minute drive each way for me to get there, but it is worth it. The people who work there look after the Foundation's mail and I wouldn't dream of leaving them. When they saw me come in carrying 500 envelopes today, they all ran to help me. Including customers. When they picked up what I was carrying they said.... how did you carry this alone? Then they told me that I still have it! Meaning incredible strength, which made me laugh!

It was one of those glorious fall weather days and I felt we all needed to have lunch outside in the sun. We weren't there long, but I believe it is important to capture these special moments. 

I am headed to Los Angeles tomorrow morning. So the next time you hear from me, I will hopefully be writing from there.


No comments: