Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

February 13, 2023

Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday, February 13, 2023

Tonight's picture was taken in February of 2008. Mattie was five years old and that day he had a playdate with Charlotte, his kindergarten buddy, who he referred to as his "girlfriend." Mattie and Charlotte brought out the best in each other and that day Mattie encouraged Charlotte to jump on his bed like a trampoline. Of course Mattie not only had his mattress on the bed, but on top of the mattress was a aerobed mattress. Needless to say the kids were bouncing up and down and having a good old time. Mattie's smile says it all. 


Quote of the day: We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep. ~ William James


It was another typical day on the farm. I have learned to celebrate the small miracles, like Mattie Miracle's February newsletter (read our newsletter) went out today and I am making great progress on getting all of our donation acknowledgment letters out. In December over 75 individual donations came into the Foundation and I make a point of trying to correspond with every donor. I have about 7 more letters to write and then I can close our annual drive paperwork and then turn my attention to our annual awareness walk.  

I honestly can't believe that it is awareness walk season. It seems to come around so quickly every year, and with it comes great stress about having to raise a certain amount of funds in order to run our programs. This will be my 14th walk that I have planned, and you would think by now I would be used to this stress and pressure. Unfortunately I can't say that I am, but the Walk event on top of what I am balancing each day with caregiving makes it a really bad combination. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be not to worry about where the money is coming from each year. After all, I am not a professional fundraiser, I don't have access to consistently large donors, and whatever money we raise, we are working hard for it. Nonetheless, when motivated there is no telling what one can learn to do. The Foundation is the testament of just that!!!

No comments: