Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

September 6, 2021

Monday, September 6, 2021

Monday, September 6, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken in September of 2007. Mattie was five years old and that weekend, I joined the boys in a rowboat on the Potomac River. Mattie actually wanted me to come along to see what he was learning. Mattie loved being on the water and Peter was teaching Mattie the art of fishing.



Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 40,007,253
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 648,957


Help us win $10,000 on September 9th (8-9pmEDT)! We have been selected to participate in Thrivent's Take the Plunge Challenge. It is easy.... just register, watch the hour long Zoom event (where you will hear us and four other non-profits present) and VOTE for Mattie Miracle. The non-profit with the most votes wins $10,000! These funds will help us start a psychosocial referral and resource program to support children with cancer and their families.




It was another busy day on the Farm. We are still unpacking and organizing. I know Peter feels great pressure as he is going on travel this week and wants to get some things done on the house before leaving. I decided to stop what I was doing today and take a walk with Sunny. I know how much Sunny loves his walks, even though he has free range of the backyard. Dogs apparently bond with their pet parents through walks, and because we have been so busy, our walks have been sporadic at best.

After we walked, I came back to the house and finished reassembling my desk area. Not only do I have to capture the essence of the Foundation in this on-line contest in four minutes, I need a space for my video background that represents the Foundation and doesn't look like I just moved in. Multiple challenges for sure. In any case, after organizing, I sat down at my desk for several hours composing what I wish to say on Thursday for the Take the Plunge challenge. It is hard to say it all in four minutes, plus describe a new initiative we wish to fund. Now that I have the words on paper, and for the next several days, I will work hard to become one with these words so that they flow naturally out of my mouth!

No comments: