Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

September 7, 2021

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tuesday, September 7, 2021 -- Mattie died 623 weeks ago today. 

Tonight's picture was taken in October of 2006. Mattie was four years old. Every fall weekend, we would take Mattie to a different Fall Festival. He loved them, particularly the pumpkin picking and the large slides. This happens to be one of my favorite photos that Peter took of us. In fact, it is framed and in my office. 


Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 40,238,083
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 650,345


Are you ready to help us TAKE THE PLUNGE on September 9th? Register, Watch, and Vote.... It's that easy!

This link is to our e-communication that went out to all supporters this morning:

https://conta.cc/3zOFlEJ


Tomorrow marks the 12th anniversary of Mattie's death. It is hard to believe that Mattie has been gone longer than he was alive and part of our lives. This will be the first anniversary that Peter and I haven't been together. In the past, I had typically did the same things every September 8th.... I went to the hospital to visit his brick, I went to the church were Mattie's funeral was held, and visit the memorial brick his friends placed in the church's garden. 

This year, I am distracted and worn out from both the house and mentally preparing for this contest on September 9th. Any time I have to speak about Mattie, I get very worked up about it. In my mind, I have to get it right, I have to say the most meaningful thing possible, and yet in four minutes, it is hard to accomplish this. So I have to parse out my words and be succinct to get the message and need across to the audience. For me this is a challenge!

In any case, in the midst of my own internal stress, I have stress all around me today. I had the plumber for three hours and the electricians started at 10am and it is after 6pm, and they are STILL here. With power going on and off! It is a total show. If that wasn't bad enough, my neighbor, who is the street town crier walked up the driveway to find out what was going on at our house. He literally spoke to my electricians and helped himself to my backyard. I talked to him for 45 minutes, but WOW, how I kept it together was beyond me. 

For all of you who have registered for September 9th's event and are there to virtually support Mattie Miracle.... THANK YOU! 

No comments: