Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 2, 2021

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Tuesday, November 2, 2021 -- Mattie died 631 weeks ago today.

Tonight's picture was taken on Halloween of 2008. We were on our way to the hospital's Halloween party. Mattie wanted me to dress up too, so the easiest thing for me to be was a black cat. I remember this moment in time like it were yesterday. Another thing I remember so distinctly was the amount of clutter we accumulated during Mattie's cancer journey. It was just too much to keep up with, but you would be surprised how things can pile up after 14 months of neglect. It was so overwhelming after Mattie died that I left the piles just as they were for many years. 


Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 46,140,509
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 748,173



I woke up this morning and opened the blinds. Look who was staring right at me. Yes a deer!
The deer spent some time on the front lawn and then decided to head over to my neighbors. 
Today we had someone over to clean two of the house's chandeliers. I would clean them myself but they are close to 20 feet off the ground and I don't have a ladder to manage that height. One of the chandeliers was so dirty, she tells me it hadn't been cleaned in years. The total count of dead stink bugs and flies that came off the chandelier was 50!
You can see how high off the ground this is! So I am glad I did not take on that challenge. 
Meanwhile it was pouring today and felt raw in temperature. I packed Sunny up in the car and drove him 45 minutes to his physical therapy appointment. Today was aquatic therapy day. Not Sunny's favorite, but he is doing it! Check out this video! Keep in mind that to motivate him they give him lots of treats! 


I am showing you this photo because it is a warning if you have a cat! These cute little cat litter cabinets are all the rage now. So I got one for our laundry room. I figured it would hide the box and therefore it wouldn't stand out as much. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. If you have a cat and are thinking of buying one, don't! 

Part of the problem is its dimensions. It is hard to find a cat litter pan that fits the space. So the pan is smaller than the box. Needless to say, cat urine goes over the sides, all over the interior of the box, and even worse it flows out of the box onto the floor. Anyone who knows anything about cats knows that cat urine is vile. It is hard to clean up and the smell is sickening. I have been cleaning it for days. I had just about enough of this, so I cleaned it and advertised it for FREE on Next Door. Someone is taking it off my hands tomorrow. I hope she has better luck with it. So I am back to the less visually appealing cat litter box, but at least it contains what it is supposed to. I have little time to waste, and cleaning up cat urine truly has made this week over the top and it is only Tuesday. 

No comments: