Mattie Miracle 15th Anniversary Video

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

July 15, 2024

Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday, July 15, 2024

Tonight's picture was taken in July of 2002. Mattie was three years old but as you can see he was born ON! He had a great interest for the world around him and didn't want to miss one moment. Which may explain why he rarely napped! I remember that cute face and how Mattie tracked my every move. 



Quote of the day: The saddest thing is to be a minute to someone when you’ve made them your eternity. ~ Sanober Kahn


Today was my 29th wedding anniversary. I am not sure what is more crushing, the fact that Peter wants a divorce or simply knowing that even on this special day I did not hear from him in any form. I have reached an all new low in life. What is shocking about all of this is his transformation occurred within a very short period of time and I can say I do not even recognize my own husband now. 

This photo was taken in July of 1989, the summer I met Peter at college. We were both there taking summer classes, and though Peter knew who I was, he was not on my radar scope. We were both members of our college's choir and apparently Peter tried on numerous occasions to get my attention during choir practice. Any case, during the summer of 1989, Peter saw me in the dorm and came by to talk with me. He literally said, how is choir? I looked at him and said, you aren't in choir, why do you want to know? Peter assured me he was in choir and even told me where he sat and who he sat next to in choir. I did not believe him, so I marched Peter down to my friend Dave's room and asked Dave.... is Peter in choir?! Dave said, yes. The rest is history. It all started during that special summer! 

I am sharing two notes from Peter from our past two anniversaries. I share them because they highlight the loving messages, respect, and devotion he always had for me and our relationship. Which is why I live with daily confusion and disillusionment since he left in September of 2023. 

In 2023, on my 28th wedding anniversary, Peter wrote this to me in a card...

Here is to 28 years together. Wow! I am grateful for the beautiful journey we have shared. Here's to many more cherished moments together. Happy anniversary. Love, Peter. 

In 2022, on my 27th wedding anniversary, Peter wrote this to me in a card...

Meeting you has and will always be the greatest gift in my life. You are truly a very special and unique person, and you are a gift to all whom you meet. I know life has not been kind to you or us, but the one thing I always hold onto is that I had you through all the ups and downs. I am not sure where the time has gone from our frisbee throwing nights in college to now, but across all of it, you have been there always by my side. Always and forever, Peter

We had a tradition of going to the same lovely French restaurant in Great Falls to celebrate our anniversary together. This was July 15, 2017.


This was July 15, 2018.





July 15, 2019!

July 15,  2020!









It was a hard day not to receive a card, text, email, or gift from Peter. Which is why I am grateful to have received two gifts in the mail for Mattie Miracle's snack and item carts. This came from my cousin through marriage. Cheryl and I have never met each other, but we are two peas in a pod. Cheryl's message said........

You are loved by so  many people. You're also one of my most favorite individuals in the world! 
This gift is from my friend Christine. Christine thanked me for being a "force for good in this world." 
All of these boxes, sent over this past week for my upcoming birthday, are filled with items for our Mattie Miracle Snack and Item Carts. THANK YOU!




No comments: