Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

July 15, 2018

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Tonight's picture was taken on July 15, 2007. It was our anniversary and I know this for sure, because if you look closely on the table you will see two wine goblets (one is cobalt blue and the other a deep burgundy). These goblets belonged to my paternal grandparents. They shared the same wedding anniversary with us, and when they died my uncle gave me these goblets to carry on a tradition of remembering both wedding anniversaries. 


Quote of the day: Marriage is a partnership in which each inspire the other, and brings fruition to both of you. ~ Millicent Carey McIntosh


Facebook greeted me this morning with a short reflection video in celebration of our wedding anniversary. Typically I think FB is clueless, but in this case I found it fascinating that for the most part the video was all about Mattie... the love we created. 

Click on the link to see the Facebook Video: 
https://www.facebook.com/668118467/videos/10156405604938468/?id=668118467


It is a tradition for us to celebrate our anniversary at Chez Francois in Great Falls, VA. Chez Francois has the best outdoor terrace for dining in our area and you can't beat the food and the old world service. It provides memorable charm that so many restaurants are missing.
It was about 91 degrees today and only the brave were eating outside. Us and another couple. But it was a cloudy day, so we had no sun beating down on us. It was perfect, surrounded by trees, gardens, birds, butterflies, and fountains. 
A selfie of us together. Another thing I love about this restaurant, is they don't rush you. It is a four course meal, paced over time. 

First course: 
Gazpacho - Vicki
Oysters - Peter

Second course:
Salads

Third course:
Trout - Vicki
Duck - Peter

Fourth course:
Grand Marnier Souffle - Vicki
Baked Alaska - Peter

 A glorious setting
A line up of the desserts.... Baked Alaska, a complimentary dessert for our anniversary (that had homemade meringue, which was incredible), and a grand marnier souffle. 

Reflections from July 15, 1995. A candid of the two of us! I love candids much more than posed photos. 
This photo was taken outside under a tree. It was over 100 degrees that day, sunny, and humid. I am not sure who was hotter, me in the dress or Peter in a tuxedo. 
My mom and I before the wedding.




















Me with my lifetime friend, Karen. Karen was our maid of honor. 
Peter and me with my parents.
Peter and me with his parents and brother. 
Me with our bridesmaids. 

From left to right:
Jen, Karen, me, Colleen, and Christina. 
Our wedding party. 














Our groomsmen with Peter. Left to right:

Rich, Dave, Peter, Chris, and David

No comments: