Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

January 14, 2021

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2006. Mattie was four year old and I asked my boys to pose in front of our Christmas tree. They both had their Santa hats on and I loved the big hug Mattie was giving Peter!





Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 23,308,882
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 388,531

Today was a hellish day! It's NOT what I did, but what I didn't do! At one point, I was balancing the electrician, the alarm company rep, the owner of the house and his insurance agent, and a phone call with MetLife about long term care insurance ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Frankly at one point today I wanted to absolutely SCREAM! I am so so tired and the amount of work here is endless. I don't know why life here is SO frenetic, stressful, and debilitating. Not a minute's peace and though today was 80 degrees, I never sat outside to enjoy. There is just NO time. On top of everything else, I had to take my parents to the notary (which seems like our 4th or 5th visit to this person) and then took my dad's watch to the jeweler. He insisted the watch needed a battery! I kept telling him that nothing is wrong with his watch, he is just constantly adjusting it and therefore it never says the right date. I couldn't listen to the battery lament one more minute, so I had a professional look at the watch! The watch was fine and like I had said, he kept playing with the date so that when the watch was at the 12 position.... 12pm, became midnight and therefore the date moved to the next day. We corrected the issue! 

In the midst of this thoroughly chaotic day, I made lamb chops, asparagus, artichokes, baked potatoes, and a tomato salad for my dad. If I never see a kitchen again that will be too soon. But I couldn't even eat in peace as MetLife called the moment I sat down, and had to deal with them. Then when off the phone, my dad had to run to the bathroom. NO PEACE AT ALL! SIGNING OFF.....EXHAUSTED IN LA! 

No comments: