Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

May 7, 2021

Friday, May 7, 2021

Friday, May 7, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken in May of 2003. That day I took Mattie to the Reston Zoo. He was about a year old. This photo is priceless because I had my eyes on Mattie and the goat standing up on his hind legs at the same time. While Mattie was clearly tracking a goat closer to his eye level. It was the perfect Zoo, small and hands on. Never any crowds and right up Mattie's alley, as he loved nature and animals. 





Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 32,640,373
  • Number of people who died from the virus:580,776


It is Friday, and I am truly exhausted. I can't keep up the pace that I am at because running around looking at houses, commuting all over the place, and managing the admin for the Foundation Walk is a very bad combination for me. After conference calls this morning, I went back out to see three more houses. In one house the owner put up a tennis court in the backyard. Therefore the backyard wasn't green but all court! The pictures on line of the house were disingenuous because they did not feature the court. FOR GOOD REASON, BUT! I can officially say I hate house hunting. Or perhaps I hate it because of the climate under which I am buying the house..... meaning if the house is good, you have to move quickly, otherwise by an hour later it could be sold. The strategy my realtor had today was to see houses that have sat on the market for 60+ days! That certainly cuts down on the buyer competition, but there is a reason a house sits for days. 

For example I saw a house yesterday that I went back to in the evening with Peter. We were seriously considering this house, but then Peter looked at the survey plot of the land and noticed a gas pipeline through the backyard! NOW I know why the house has been sitting on the market! It had to be something, because inside the house is beautiful and pristine. Back at it again tomorrow!

Today's Walk thermometer...

$101,113!



No comments: