Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

January 6, 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2006. As you can see Mattie was wearing one of his favorite movie character's on his shirt. Lightning McQueen was the rage that year in our home!!! We had Lightning McQueen cars, clothes, slippers, an umbrella, and flashlight. You name it, we most likely had it! Now exactly what Mattie was doing here was besides me. He got it in his head that he wanted to put on Peter's pants. So the photo captured how well that worked out!!!






Quote of the day: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. ~ George Washington Carver


As I write tonight's blog, I am happy to report that I am safely back in Washington, DC. The weather in Los Angeles today was 80 degrees, quite different from the shocking 12 degrees which greeted me upon landing at Dulles Airport. As my faithful readers know, I dislike flying!! That is actually putting it mildly, I do it because otherwise my life would be limited geographically, but I have to psych myself out to go on a plane. With winter storms all last week, flights today were over booked, crowded, and all of this makes people TENSE! By the time I got on the plane, I found an older man in my seat. When I told him it was my seat, he proceeded to tell me that he wanted my seat so he could sit next to his wife. The only drawback was his seat was in another row, and was a middle seat. I tried to tell him that I booked an aisle seat for a reason, but I wasn't getting too far with him. He walked with a cane and I had observed him in the airport. He was antsy and couldn't sit still when off the plane, so I imagined on the plane wasn't going to be any better. So given his age, I wasn't going to argue with him and did him a favor. So I sat in the middle. I place I really do not care to be. The middle makes me feel trapped and confined. My luck though was that I was sitting between two men who kept to themselves and were pleasant seatmates. Thankfully despite winds in DC, we had a smooth and safe flight.

I want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to the anonymous person who sent me the clip of Mattie below with his wonderful nurse, Katie. Here is the video clip I wrote about last night...... Katie and Mattie performing an impromptu version of the Three Little Pigs. To me this video is priceless and precious and I have now saved it in my files. I so appreciate you reading the blog and sending this electronic gift my way. You made my day!!!!

THE THREE LITTLE PIGS!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUYwM972jD8

No comments: