Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

September 26, 2016

Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday, September 26, 2016

Tonight's picture was taken in October of 2004. Mattie was two and a half years old and this was his first Halloween out trick or treating. Mattie was a bit intimidated by the noises and kids running around, but he did take it all in. We went trick or treating in a DC neighborhood, in which the local fire fighters came out to greet kids and kids were allowed to check out the fire truck. A Mattie favorite!



Quote of the day: Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin


This quote is so perfect for me today! The Foundation changed its newsletter format starting in July. However, despite testing and double testing it before it went out to 1,800 supporters, there were problems with all my web links. I was so upset by this especially since the links worked in my preview mode. Thanks to Peter..... he worked out this bug with the technology folks at Contact Contact (our on line newsletter company). However, as the writer of the monthly newsletter, I need to understand how to use the technology. Peter has tried to tell me about the technology, and he has even taught me many times how to use it. But today we worked on the newsletter together, and I finally got how to update our Foundation's website and how to integrate these updates into our newsletter. So hopefully the September newsletter will be going out this week and all the links will be working! 

My friend Heidi came to visit us today. We got together to celebrate her birthday. Check out Sunny's greeting of her! Heidi will be taking care of Sunny this week when we head to Indiana to attend a conference. Heidi has a dog named Fenway, and it is my hope Sunny enjoys this companionship! 


1 comment:

Margy Jost said...

Vicki,
I am so glad you found a good place for Sunny to,spend time while you are In Indiana. Are you driving?
So Mattie was Winnie the Pooh, his first Halloween. Winnie us a character, I have always liked. Some wise lessons have come from his stories.
I will look forward to reading the newsletter in the new format. I can't imagine being responsible for this work monthly!
As always your quote touched me.