Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 1, 2016

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 -- Mattie died 372 weeks ago today.

Tonight's picture was taken on Halloween of 2007. Mattie was in Kindergarten and his school had a Halloween parade. I am so happy I went to see the parade and took photos. Mainly because I wasn't given a second chance. At the time I thought I would be attending the parade for several more years while Mattie was in elementary school. That of course did not happen. 


Mattie and I went to the costume store to pick out this pilot uniform. In fact, that was our first year going to the costume store. Previous years we either made a costume or it was a simple sweat suit of some sort. Several months before Halloween Mattie visited the air show at Andrews Air Force Base. He loved that experience so much that he had his mind set on being an Air Force pilot for Halloween. The irony was this costume had a Navy uniform. But thanks to my friend Charlie who is a retire lieutenant colonel in the Air Force, she sent me many Air Force patches with I sewed onto the uniform, and transformed it. Mattie was thrilled! 

Mattie at his School's Halloween parade in 2007!
















Quote of the day: His headache was still sitting over his right eye as if it had been nailed there.Ian Fleming



Last night, I felt like my right ear was clogged and I also developed ringing in that ear. It lasted for hours. I was somewhat concerned because this never happened before. Then today I developed a WILD migraine...... the intensity of the headache and nausea are noteworthy. Somehow I was out and about and doing things so I did not put it together that I had a migraine until tonight when I truly analyzed my symptoms in totality. I have had auras before which involve zig zaggy lines that appear before my eyes. This is considered an optic migraine. Rather scary because it feels like you are losing vision, but thankfully it only lasts about twenty minutes. My first optic migraine scared me to death! The ringing in the ears is a new one for me, but now I know.... it marks the start of a migraine about to unfold. So tonight's blog is short because I want to stay off the computer as much as possible. 

No comments: