Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

August 11, 2018

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Tonight's picture was taken on August 8, 2009. I took a series of photos that day. We literally bought this ride on vehicle that day, dragged it upstairs, and Mattie watched Peter assemble it. After which Mattie wanted to ride it. Given that Mattie was connected to a pain pump and oxygen, I wasn't going to let him ride this car alone. I wasn't even sure he understood the concept of driving. So initially I rode in the passenger seat coaching him. However, the funny part about Mattie was he intuitively understood how to drive!


Quote of the day: Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little. Edmund Burke


As I continue to go through things at my parent's house, I came across this framed photograph. I had to be Mattie's age, around 6 or 7 here. I was holding our family Siamese cat, Minx. Minx and I had a hot and cold relationship, which is why I am surprised he complied with me holding him for this photo. 

When I looked at this photo what immediately caught my attention was the fact that Mattie looked so much like me. 
Do you recognize this photo??? This was the house that The Brady Bunch was filmed at in 1969 to 1975. What I did not know was this house is quite close to where we used to live. Someone told us about it today, so we literally drove passed the house. I can't even remember how many times I saw the Brady Bunch, too many to count. I always pictured the house in my head and frankly when we saw it today, I did not recognized it! 

This is what the house actually looks like now. To me it seems so different than what I remember. I literally drove right passed the house, and only because we had the address of the house, did we know where to stop. While we pulled over, there were about five other cars doing the same thing as us. Looking and taking a photo. The house even has a security guard outside of it. Why? Because the house was just sold to HGTV. Who plans on creating a show around renovating the Brady Bunch home. 

The Los Angeles Times reports the house sold for $3.5 million, or $1.6 million more than the listing price of $1.885 million. The home was used for the exterior shots in the television show, with the interiors shot on a sound stage. HGTV is reporting that it will restore the house to its 1970's glory. Which is also intriguing since 1970's architecture, in my opinion, is not memorable. 


No comments: