Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

February 13, 2020

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Tonight's picture was taken on February 12, 2006. Mattie was almost four years old. He was enrolled in preschool, and on Valentine's Day, all the children were going to exchange cards with one another. Certainly I could have bought cards for Mattie to draw on and hand out, but I thought he'd prefer creating them. So together, we worked on these cards and by the time they finished they looked absolutely lovely! 


Quote of the day: Your flaws are perfect for the heart that's meant to love you.Trent Shelton


I have been glued all day to a 550 page licensure board agenda for tomorrow. Should be quite a Valentine's Day meeting. In the midst of non-stop reading, I received an email from my friend Maria. Maria works in our complex and knew Mattie as a baby and toddler, before he was diagnosed with cancer. I would say that Maria is part clairvoyant as she has the ability to gain information about people through extrasensory perception. Specifically as it relates to Mattie, she continues to have an annual dream in which Mattie seems to be in it and has something to communicate to her. The beauty of Maria, is she remembers her dreams too. Which is unusual, because I know for the most part when I dream  I have no clear idea or understanding of the content when I awake. 
Here is this year's dream that Maria shared with me:
Darryl and I were shopping. He and I were holding hands. In my other hand, I felt a small hand. Shocked I looked down. It was Mattie around 4 years old. He smiled at me. We walked to customer service to ask where the towel section was… The lady said go to aisle 12.
Mattie asked politely “where can I find the toy aisle, I want to buy a hot wheel.” The lady smiled and pointed. Mattie smiled at her
As we were walking towards the toy section Mattie let go of my hand and went ahead. He looked back, waived, and said, "tell mommy hi!"
Before Mattie died, if someone told me they had a such a vivid dream with a message, I would acknowledge it. But wouldn't necessary pay much attention to the content. Or I should say I would pay attention to the meaning of the content, but not wonder whether a deceased person could really communicate to a loved one through a dream. Now I am much more open minded. I also know Mattie and I wouldn't put anything passed him, because when he wanted to communicate he found a way to make his thoughts, feelings, and presence known! 

No comments: