Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

October 3, 2016

Monday, October 3, 2016


Monday, October 3, 2016

Tonight's picture was taken in October of 2002. Mattie was six months old and about to celebrate his first Halloween. Peter's mom sent Mattie this pumpkin placemat and the cute part about this was the mat was almost the size of Mattie. Mattie did not go trick or treating that first year because he was just too little, but Mattie gravitated to all things orange, to pumpkins and especially eating anything made with pumpkin. Prior to having Mattie I disliked the taste of pumpkin. However, Mattie changed all that and I now LOVE pumpkin goodies of any kind.



Quote of the day: My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~ Edith Wharton


Mattie Miracle has begun making plans for our sixth annual candy drive. The past couple of days I have received emails from schools who wish to join the fun. Each year we add a few more candy collectors and sorters, which is amazing! My joke is..... if we only had a $1 that went with every piece of candy!!! What a fundraiser that would be!

Sunny and I walked 7 miles total today. In between walks, I let Indie outside on our deck. If you look closely you will see that she is ON TOP of the brick wall. At first I worried that she would run away. But she was great. As soon as I called her name, she complied and came to sit by the front door! 
I know it is hard to imagine, but Indie literally is like a tight rope walker. She went from the brick wall, to the top of our deck door. She walked on the top of the door like a professional in the circus! She loves checking out every plant, our fountains, and all the items I have out on the deck!














Today was so funny while walking Sunny! I can't tell you how many people stopped me to ask what type of dog Sunny is and of course whether they could pet him! At one point, a group of pre-teens approached me and told me that Sunny was so beautiful!! They began to pet him and one boy hugged him. Literally Sunny was surrounded and just sat there patiently!!! Some of the pre-teens spoke Spanish, and Sunny was taking it all in! I can still picture these children saying..... Hola Sunny!!! 

No comments: