Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 2, 2023

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Tonight's picture was taken in November of 2004. Peter's mom sent us this cat toy for Patches. However, look who loved the toy more! That's right, it was Mattie. Mattie had a great old time with this because when he squeezed the tube, a toy mouse would pop out. Life with Mattie was just that..... full of life, energy, and new and exciting adventures each day. Even the ordinary with Mattie was extraordinary. The loss of his life has had a profound impact on our lives. 





Quote of the day: When you are on the knife’s edge — when nobody knows exactly what is going to happen next, only that it will be worse — you take in today. So here we were, at the trailhead, for a cold day’s walk. ~ Anne Lamott


For December, it was a beautiful weather day. After getting my dad washed, dressed, and downstairs for breakfast, the plumber arrived. He walked me through how to shut off hoses for the winter and bleed the water lines out so that there would be no water in the pipes over the winter. I have known this plumber since 2021, when we moved into the house. He has done so much work for us that I have his cell phone number and can contact him at any time. Just a good and solid soul! I cherish people like this in my life. 

I was going to devote today to assembling Mattie Miracle's mass mailer, but I decided instead to use the afternoon to continue to clean up the backyard and prepare the plants for the winter. I can't tell you how much debris I collected today and I wish I could say I was done, but I am NOT! I did get a jump on things and it was lovely to be outside with Sunny. Of course Sunny got a good walk in today in the woods and was a happy camper. 

My focus tonight and tomorrow is our mass mailer and what is totally amazing, is what I can balance and get accomplish in any given day. It is a miracle and now more than ever I feel Mattie's presence with me. He and I were close, like two peas in a pod, and I know if he were alive today, life for me would look quite different. 

No comments: