Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 30, 2014

Sunday, November 30, 2014


Sunday, November 30, 2014

Tonight's picture was taken in November of 2002. This was actually a rather rare photo of Mattie. He truly did not like being in his baby carrier, especially dangling from the front. He preferred riding on Peter's back. But I loved this puppy hat on Mattie and it was one of my favorite hats I picked out for him. I also notice in the backdrop of this photo was a wonderfully big tree which was in our commons area. This tree has since been cut down. This tree was cut down before Mattie developed cancer. I remember the day it was cut and removed, Mattie and I were both very upset by this, since this was where all our birds liked to nest and perch. Once that tree disappeared, Peter and Mattie decided to plant bushes in its place to fill the void. These bushes have grown to my height and taller! Mattie's memorial bush garden symbolizes his loss and marks where a tree which gave us joy at one time stood tall. 


Quote of the day: There is pleasure in the pathless woods; There is rapture on the lonely shore; There is society, where none intrudes, by the deep sea and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more. ~ Lord Byron 



Peter and I spent a portion of our day outside on our deck, our balcony, and in our commons area. Cleaning up dead plants and debris, in order to get our garden areas ready for the winter. It was a relatively milder temperature day, therefore we wanted to take advantage of that luxury and accomplish this task while we could. Meanwhile we weren't alone. We had all our bird friends fluttering about and keeping a close eye on us. It is hard to imagine how much they can eat in just one day.... three bird feeders full to be exact! It is hard to keep them in bird food. But they are wonderful winter companions for me, so I work from home and watch them from my window! 

No comments: