Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 1, 2014

Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday, December 1, 2014

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2002. Mattie was 8 months old and riding in his favorite toy/vehicle! We called it "tot wheels!" Mattie rode it around our home like a sports car. He couldn't walk or crawl, but he could negotiate this thing around corners, tight spaces, you name it! He followed me just about everywhere in tot wheels. That evening it started to snow and we opened the door for Mattie to check it out. Like Peter, Mattie was fascinated by the weather and in many cases would wheel himself right out onto the deck to examine what was going on. The cold did not seem to bother him, but he was definitely intrigued by the white stuff and wanted to watch it fall. 


Quote of the day: Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait, the grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. ~ Henry Ford


I am not sure HOW AN ENTIRE day could slip passed me but it did. I literally was glued to the computer and never left my deck. I spent the entire day revising one of the psychosocial chapters I wrote this Fall and when I completed that task, I spent the remaining part of the day figuring out where the rest of the candy that was sitting in our living room was going. It needed a home and I have been calling ALL around town desperately trying to find a home for it. I am so happy to report that as of tonight, I can now say that all our candy will have a home by the end of the week!!! We are beyond thrilled because moving almost 4000 pounds of candy is NO EASY task and then the logistics of finding homes for it is another magic trick!!! 

Tomorrow morning and afternoon, I will be making donations in Washington, DC and Virginia, so I started loading up my car! This is just the morning's donation in SouthEast Washington, DC. After the morning's donation, I am headed back home to reload the car for the afternoon's donation in Virginia! Needless to say I am getting my workout. Yet the individuals I spoke to on the phone today were truly grateful to be receiving our donations. It was a pleasure talking to them and I look forward to meeting them in person tomorrow. 

No comments: