Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

February 4, 2017

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Tonight's picture was taken in February of 2009. We were home between hospital treatments and Mattie received this very generous Lego Victorian House kit from his friend. For HOURS and HOURS, Peter and Mattie built this creation together. As you can see Mattie was proud of this accomplishment. Believe it or not, this Lego structure remains in our living room today. 



Quote of the day: If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. ~ Lewis Carroll



I somehow relate to Lewis Carroll's quote tonight. Though I am not lost per se, I do feel like my roads all lead to the same place...... they lead to work and more work. Which may sound great, but some times it is tiring, tedious, and frustrating. I would like to take a break, but if I stop working things don't get done. Mind you, I can't always get things that are my check list done either. Which brings about further stress and frustration. 

I could have worked the whole day away, but Peter insisted we go out and naturally Sunny wanted walks. So I had a diversion, but as soon as I got home, I was pulled right back into working. We are leaving in two weeks for a conference in Orlando, Florida. We are presenting and hosting a 90 minute town hall at the American Psychosocial Oncology Society. Mattie Miracle is funding several speakers to present with us on the standards and the implementation process. So tonight's efforts involved coordinating with speakers, working on power points, and let's not forget tasks toward our May 21st Walk & Family Festival. Managing the Foundation successfully means constant juggling, and not juggling of simple and light things. So I am signing off for tonight, as tomorrow, the process starts all over again. 

No comments: