Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

April 24, 2022

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Tonight's picture was taken in April of 2006. Mattie was four years old and that day I met a friend of mine and together we took Mattie to the Reston Zoo. This zoo was a favorite of both Mattie and me, because of its smaller scale and hands on features. Mattie loved feeding the farm animals and taking a tour on a wagon to visit the animals in the open fields. That day we snapped a photo of Mattie in front of this giant bunny, as it was close to Easter time. It is ironic that both Mattie and this long time friend of mine are both no longer in my life. 




Quote of the day: No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished? ~ Lee Iacocca


Last night, Peter lit a fire outside in the fire place for the FIRST time. We all came outside and sat by it for hours. This is one thing in the house that works perfectly and needed NO repair. There are so many trees around the house that all the wood we burnt was our own. 
I am very cognizant that because of my dad's issues, we do the same thing day in and day out. This is grueling and I know my mom needs much more stimulation than she has been able to get with my dad in tow. 

In the midst of everything we did today, I got my mom out and we went for about 45 minutes to a local art show. I wish I had more time, because I would have purchased several piece for the house. But there is one thing I absolutely lack and that is TIME. 

I love supporting local artists and these women, I thought, were all fantastic. It is good to know that Vale Arts does a public showing twice a year. 

These beautiful paintings were by Kim Richards

We were eyeing these four birds by Cathleen Lawless! You may not be able to see it because of the reflection in the glass, but in the upper right corner is a painting of a brown cow. I am a big cow fan, the only one in my family. But I think his adorable face was worthy of a purchase. 
These are the works of Linda Bullen.
These are the works of Lorrie Herman.
More of Kim Richards works. 
These are the beautiful works of Leanne Fink. We had an opportunity to talk with Leanne. Truly passionate about what she does and I admire her work. 

No comments: