Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

September 19, 2022

Monday, September 19, 2022

Monday, September 19, 2022

Tonight's picture was taken in September of 2008. Mattie was in the hospital and that day was visited by Jude, one of the music volunteers. Mattie loved all the music folks and Jude made learning about music fascinating. Why? He came with props! Meaning he would come to a hospital room with a little red wagon filled with all sorts of instruments. Mattie could pick an instrument, learn about it and even play it. That day he selected the rain stick! 


Quote of the day: Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. ~ Marcel Proust


My mom had a physical therapy session today. While in therapy, she hit her hand on the parallel bars and started bleeding. I don't go anywhere without Band-Aids and have a first aid kit in my car. I cleaned her up and back to therapy she went. 

After her session, we went out to lunch at the mall. I honestly couldn't believe what was on display! Well this photo was seasonally appropriate, as it was Halloween and fall themed. But look below!

It is September!!! You couldn't tell this inside this department store. To them it was Christmas time. Christmas in September! I noticed one shopper came in and was literally screaming when she saw these trees! She felt it was too early. 

Though I absolutely agree with the woman screaming, I felt strangely attracted to the ornaments and trees. Maybe because of the feeling holidays evoke! I just don't know. But I do believe that we live in a society that can't appreciate living in the moment, so instead, we are going to blend it holidays all together or speed it up the entire process. 
The whole first floor of the store was decorated! 
White trees, green trees, ribbons, ornaments, reindeer, and santa!
Santa on his sleigh!
A tree filled with Wedgewood!
These Santa themed plates come from Italy, Vietri to be specific. I really loved them. 
Loved the bears, but was looking for the third one (as I expected the three little bears on display). 



No comments: