Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

September 21, 2020

Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday, September 21, 2020

Tonight's picture was taken in September of 2005. Mattie was three years old and as you can see we went for a walk and then had a picnic. Mattie loved the whole picnic scene! Better yet, he just loved being outdoors! Which was something he taught me to appreciate. 



Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins

  • number of people diagnoses with the virus: 6,830,209
  • number of people who died from the virus: 199,756


This is an image of our old Mattie Miracle newsletter template. As September is quickly turning into October, I started to sit down yesterday to mock up our newsletter which goes out monthly to over 2,000 supporters. 

It is challenging to write a newsletter monthly. It takes time, discipline and content. Over our ten year existence, we have changed our newsletter template a couple of times. But what I wasn't expecting was a FORCED template change from Constant Contact this weekend. Constant Contact is the provider we use to distribute our newsletters through email. Creating a template takes time and attention to detail, as the template has to follow our color theme as well as provide enough space for photos, articles, and links. Once the template is created, I use the same framework each month to generate a newsletter. Writing content is hard enough, but having to recreate the wheel is even harder. 

Yesterday I was all set to begin writing the September newsletter, when I discovered I no longer had access to the old template. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Today, I spent hours selecting a template and tailoring it to Mattie Miracle's theme and needs. These were hours I hadn't planned on spending. But I am happy to say it is coming along and we are on target to sending out a newsletter next week. If you are a blog reader, but do not receive our newsletter, and wish to, please email me (vicki@mattiemiracle.com). 

No comments: