Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

June 16, 2016

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Tonight's picture was taken in July of 2006. Along our nature walk, something we would do every weekend, we came across this fallen tree. We asked Mattie if he wanted to get on top of the tree and check out the view from up there. He of course jumped at the chance, and naturally whether Mattie wanted a photo or not, I captured the moment. 

Quote of the day: Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side. ~ Unknown


This is a photo of Mattie's tree was sent to me by my friend Margy today. Margy and her husband visit Mattie's tree periodically and place an item on the tree in remembrance of Mattie. Margy never met Mattie, but she has gotten to know him through the blog. As I always say the blog is Mattie's written memory and legacy. I am thankful over the years that so many supporters have read it, or continue to read it, and take with them glimmers of a thought or feeling I expressed into their own lives. 

Margy is my first Facebook friend. Unlike the majority of my initial Facebook friends, Margy was someone I did not know directly. I knew about her indirectly through other parents who lost a child to cancer, since Margy was their child's play therapist. Margy is like me in many way.... we both like to write out our thoughts and feelings, and process them. I am so glad I clicked that friend button on Facebook, because thanks to taking that chance, I made a new and loyal friend. 

Margy bought this beautiful butterfly glass ornament on her recent trip to Wisconsin. I think the butterfly is charming and RED, Mattie's favorite color!!! I am deeply touched when people visit Mattie's tree and am so happy that Margy is helping us decorate the tree. I did not need to tell Margy how important a symbol this memorial tree is to us.... she just KNEW!!!! Which made my day. 

1 comment:

Margy Jost said...

Thank you VICKI for all that your friendship adds to my life. Thank you for sharing Mattie with me.
I love his tree and the significance of the various items that hang on it. Mattie's tree is living proof of his specialness!
I love seeing all the photos, you post but I, especially love, the Mattie smile ones.
Forever Peter will hold a special place in my life for the friend request that led to you!!!!!
Margy