Mattie Miracle 15th Anniversary Video

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

August 2, 2024

Friday, August 2, 2024

Friday, August 2, 2024

Tonight's picture was taken in August of 2003. Mattie was a year old. This was Mattie's second trip to Los Angeles. That day we took him to the LA Zoo. Mattie loved adventure and for the most part was a great traveler. He took in his environment and was fascinated by animals. I loved seeing the world through Mattie's eyes. 


Quote of the day: The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep. ~ Margaret George


Tonight, I feel absolutely overwhelmed. So on the edge that I landed up screaming my head off. It is just non-stop issues, problems, and things that I need to be fixed and addressed. There is one of me that is fully functioning in my house and in addition to managing everything, I care for two people who need constant attention. Later this afternoon, I was on the phone with our alarm company for almost two hours. Was the issue resolved? NO! So to add to my weekend, I need to have another remote call with these folks. Apparently they aren't charging me for this tech call, because the problem is on their end. Here's the funny part! The tech thanked me by saying, "you were very cooperative while I was explaining and setting up the things for you and I truly appreciate it. I have FEW customers over chat who stay cool and calm, and you were one of them." 

So I have the alarm company on Sunday and our plumber tomorrow. He is coming over to show me how to flush out the sump pump. Apparently it needs this every three months, and hopefully he will teach me, so I don't need his services every few months. Truthfully who ever thought home ownership was a great idea, needs to talk with me. It is over rated and stressful, especially when you are managing it alone. By the time I am finished, I will know how to operate everything in this house by myself. 

Overall however, I am very angry. I am angry at my life, I am angry at Peter's poor and cruel treatment of me, I am angry that I am picking up urine and poop all day long, and my list goes on and on. When I get like this, what I have to do is go outside. I watered plants, weeded, and tried to reset. It was in the dark, but it was what I had to do. I have yet to understand how I manage to exist, and some day when you hear my story, you will most likely understand the depths of the craziness I face. 

No comments: