Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 5, 2022

Monday, December 5, 2022

Monday, December 5, 2022

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2003. Mattie was a year and a half old and he was in Los Angeles visiting my parents for the holidays. As you can see, Mattie was multi-tasking, watching a TV show and playing with my dad. That was Mattie! He rarely sat still and ironically he could concentrate on many things at once, and actually be listening. 


Quote of the day: Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia. ~ Charles Schulz


Look at this fellow! This is a new location for Sunny to be hanging out. In the ivy by the garden fountain. I figure it is a strategic place to scan the entire backyard for fox, deer, or other critters. 
I bought a ham hock at the farmer's market and decided to make split pea soup for dinner tonight. Guess who wanted to taste the ham? Sunny of course!
I have three more continuing education credits to obtain before I can renew my license. You would think how difficult could that be? Well in this house, close to impossible. Which is why I had to really push over Thanksgiving at night, otherwise, I can make NO headway during the day light hours. 

I had hopes to do an hour of credits today! It never happened. Instead, I had to deal with phone calls and paperwork for my mom's five hour testing procedure on Thursday. She is already getting anxious about it, and for 5 hours, I will need to manage her while at the hospital. Thursday should be hellish. 

This afternoon, when I got back from taking my mom out, Peter and I went for a walk with Sunny. That was the highlight of my day. While walking, we spotted Mattie Moon!

Peter assembled this Christmas carousel. This carousel was his grandmother's. She bought it over 60 years ago, and she eventually gifted it to Peter's mom. I remember it at Peter's parents house every Christmas. Now the tradition has made it to our house. Peter worked on regluing it and getting its parts working again. I ordered candles for it and it is the flame from the candles that cause the fan on top to turn, which then revolves everything inside the carousel. 


No comments: