Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

January 26, 2019

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Tonight's picture was taken in February of 2009. Mattie was posing with his art work that I had taped to the front of his hospital door. I am not sure why I did this! But I suspect it was for two reasons. First, of course to highlight Mattie's work, so he could see it, but second, I wanted to remind hospital personnel who would barge in through the door at all hours of the day and night that a child was living behind this door. I am not sure my visual message ever made an impact on those who freely walked in, but when confined in a place and lacking control, it was amazing what I resorted to. 




Quote of the day: Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job. ~ Franklin P. Jones 




I would say tonight's quote is quite accurate! Look at this sad face in this photo! What was Sunny moping around for? Simply because I wasn't dressed yet to take him out for his second walk of the day! Doesn't he look like he lost his best friend?
This photo may not mean much to you, but basically Sunny's back end was sitting on one step and his front paws were on another. He wasn't sure who to pay attention to.... me upstairs getting dressed or Peter who was standing in front of him putting on his sneakers. Sunny is all about being outside and walking, and truly doesn't care who is taking him. But in this case, he wasn't sure who was going to meet his needs, which is why he was sitting on the steps. Equidistant from both Peter and me. 
Meanwhile this was what I saw when I looked downstairs! Someone looking up at me. Mind you while I was taking a shower, he moved right outside my bathroom door. When I opened the door, he was literally laying right outside like a carpet! The beauty of Sunny!

No comments: