Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

April 30, 2015

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tonight's picture was taken in May of 2006. That Memorial Day weekend we took Mattie to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania. This was Mattie's first real experience with a water park. He loved Sesame Street and its characters, so when I heard the moms at Mattie's preschool talking about it, I felt that this was something he too would like to explore. Mattie was in LOVE with Elmo back then and as you can see we left the park that day with TWO Elmo balloons. One we bought for him and the other was given to him by Elmo himself. Sesame Place made an impression on all of us that day, because they had a wonderful Memorial Day parade filled with people from the armed forces. It was a very patriotic moment for reflection, and literally the park had something for everyone. 


Quote of the day: Every man feels instinctively that all the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. Lowell


I would have to say today was a lost day. I do not even know where the day went. I began it with a Walk t-shirt issue. Weeks ago Peter and I selected a new color for the Walk t-shirt this year. We usually have white shirts, but this year we wanted something vibrant and different. Especially since we are having our $5,000 corporate sponsor on the back of the shirt. This is a first for us! We selected this wonderful honey orange color for the shirt and even altered our logo to work on this color, since our logo has a ton of orange in it, we did not want it to get lost on the shirt. However, when placing the order yesterday we learned that this honey color doesn't come in children's sizes. That was a big miss on the part of the manufacturer when we first placed a call to have sample colors sent to us weeks ago. So now we are left to start again to find another color palette that will work for us. I am less than happy about this given the amount of time and energy I have already placed into this honey orange t-shirt design. But I have no choice but to regroup and do it quickly with our t-shirt vendor. 

Meanwhile here is an update on our totals as of today:

Funds Raised so Far: $41,306
Walk Teams in total have raised: $9,361
The on-line Raffle has generated: $1090


My good friend Mary Ann sent me a few photos today of spring in her neighborhood. Two of which absolutely intrigued me. There is something about this red geranium sitting on a bird bath that captures my attention. Red in a sea of green! It is striking!






I just love how the reds pop out and I also love the Great Blue Heron metal statue in the garden. In all reality when I think of our winter, it is hard to believe that anything is growing, is green, and has returned to life. I suppose it gives us all hope. 

No comments: