Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

April 15, 2019

Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday, April 15, 2019

Tonight's picture was taken in April of 2004. Mattie was two years old and that weekend we took him to the Reston Zoo. A place Mattie LOVED! It is a zoo that really appeals to toddlers and preschoolers, because it is small and hands on. In this photo, I wasn't sure who to focus on first.... Peter or Mattie. Both were intrigued with the animals but apparently not the same animals or in the same pens! 


Quote of the day: Patience is a conquering virtue. ~ Geoffrey Chaucer


After six hours of gardening yesterday, I am all aches and pains. So much so, that I did not want to move from a heating pad today. But of course did! Ironically my lifetime friend, Karen, sent me an article yesterday entitled, A new study stays gardening is just as good as going to the gym. I am living proof of what this article is talking about as I feel less achy coming from the gym than after gardening! The article discusses a topic called "leisure time physical activity." Meaning studies are showing doing everyday things, like gardening, are considered exercise and do have similar health benefits like doing planned exercise. Of course with Sunny, walking daily is our biggest exercise. He is our daily gym.

Anyway, given how I was feeling, taking the car in to be serviced today wasn't really high on my list. But I did it! Six hours later, I got the car back. But that wasn't without constant calls to the service department from 2-3pm. I was patient for just so long, and then I felt like I had to manage them and their timing. I wish I could say today was an isolated incident, but it wasn't. 

Since I knew I was going to be away from home for HOURS, I brought my computer and all my files with me. I was literally a mobile office today. Nonetheless, I got a lot done, such as updating our website and working on the layout and content for our April newsletter!  


A New Study Says Gardening Is Just as Good as Going to the Gym:

https://www.southernliving.com/garden/syndication-a-new-study-says-gardening-is-just-as-good-as-going-to-the-gym


No comments: