Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 7, 2014

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2003. Mattie was a year and a half old and celebrating Christmas in Los Angeles. We set up a tree that was Mattie's height, which he really loved to play around and at Christmas, he was most intrigued by the gift wrapping itself. Not just by the presents. With Mattie you never knew what was going to capture his mind and attention. He had a way of bringing all sorts of things and people into his play schemes. Mattie kept us all hopping and active, and seeing the holidays (and each day) through his eyes were fascinating.  



Quote of the day: Conviction is worthless unless it is converted into conduct. ~ Thomas Carlyle


Peter and I did non-stop chores today! We never seemed to stop moving, but the one important thing we did was we went to visit Mattie's Tree at his School. We wanted to change the Fall decorations over to Christmas! So down came the harvest bow and up came the red Christmas bow around the tree! In addition we placed around 10 sparkly snowflake ornaments on the tree. 












You can see the silver and red sparkly snowflakes here in this close up photo! There are also other items on the tree like hotwheel cars, Lego pieces, a wind chime, a bird house, and other toys.








This photo captures the silver and gold snowflake ornaments shining in the sunlight!!! To me these are Mattie's ornaments. We put them up each year and take them down after Christmas is over and store them in our closet until the next season. I selected them two years ago because they shine, sparkle, and are bold like Mattie's spirit and character. 



This evening after all our chores were done, as we were driving home I SAW...........Mattie Moon (a name Mattie was given in preschool)! I scrambled in my purse to find my camera. I wasn't sure I could capture this amazing sight in time while Peter was driving. But I was determined! This is the photo I snapped from a MOVING car no less! I personally think Mattie was determined to send me a message and enabled me the ability to see, capture, and share this amazing orange glow of a moon tonight. I wonder how many others who saw the moon stopped and also thought of Mattie tonight?

No comments: