Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

March 6, 2015

Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday, March 6, 2015

Tonight's picture was taken in August of 2009. At this point we knew that Mattie's cancer had metastasized and his situation was terminal. Mattie was in the clinic and being entertained by his buddies Jocelyn and Brandon. In fact they were having boat races in the sink together with boats they designed! Mattie and Jocelyn were a team, against Brandon and Jocelyn's sister. It is beyond tragic to think that both people in this photo are now gone, struck down by osteosarcoma. The one year anniversary of Jocelyn's death is fact approaching, April 2! I will never forget this day because it is two days before Mattie's birthday. Mattie and Jocelyn were always in step with each other. 


Quote of the day: You might think that after thousands of years of coming up too soon and getting frozen, the crocus family would have had a little sense knocked into it. ~ Robert Benchley

When I saw Benchley's quote tonight I broke out in laughter! I find it thoroughly funny because when I go outside to feed the birds, I can see that some of our bulbs that we planted have tried to shoot through the dirt and have started to sprout green leaves. Why on earth they would be doing this considering it is freezing out and we have on and off snow is beyond me. Needless to say whatever greenery shot up is not completely frozen!


I think these two pictures tonight say it all. One photo is taken on the East coast and the other on the West coast. Almost like night and day! You would think that they were taken during different seasons, but they were not. Both of these photos were taken TODAY! This photo was sent to me by my good friend Mary Ann. She went out for a walk and she sent this to me so I could see what the snow accumulation looked like in her neck of the woods. When I visit Mary Ann, we typically go for a walk in her neighborhood, so I know exactly where this is taken. Which makes it nice to have this perspective, since I am used to seeing it during the warmer weather months! What the snow is covering in this photo is a body of water, a lake. 

Now while we are all struggling with snow on the East coast, this is what it looks like in Los Angeles. It was 80 degrees today and clearly sunny! These are the flowers growing in my mom's front yard. A very different sight from what I see outside my window. 
















When I saw Mary Ann the other day she was telling me that people in Boston who are selling snow on the Internet! Seems to me Los Angeles should try to sell their sunshine! If that were only possible. But honestly who would want to buy snow???? Well apparently there are buyers out there and they are paying $89 for a box of snow. Got to love them. Check out this article and video if you really want a good laugh!

Got snow? Boston man will ship 'historic' snow anywhere in the US:

http://www.today.com/news/boston-man-will-ship-historic-snow-anywhere-us-2D80518853

No comments: