Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

May 15, 2012

Tuesday, May 15th, 2012

Tuesday, May 15th, 2012

"Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have." ~ Winston Churchill

To all our devoted blog readers and supporters, this is Peter, as I am filling in for Vicki tonight.  Vicki is not feeling well, so she asked me to put up a simple posting and tell everyone she will be back tomorrow.  I think it's a combination of working too hard, stress and too much to do that has knocked her back tonight, so in preparation for this weekend's activities she is taking a night off.  Again, my apologies for the shortened blog, but Vicki will be back tomorrow not to fear! 

The picture above was taken in February 2009, and you can tell it was taken by me (given Mattie's look).  The picture was taken after midnight on that day as Mattie and I had worked most of the afternoon and into the evening, on assembling the house, which today, is still assembled and stands in our living room as one of the few physical reminders that we had a son, and another life and so much hope and promise at some point.   Mattie and I spent so many hours filling in the time between treatments, medications, pump resets and tests, by just trying to be normal and by doing normal father-son things.  I unfortunately, no longer have those chances to do the normal things any more.  I miss those days, I miss my buddy, and I miss just being a daddy to someone so very special.

The good news is that Vicki is doing better tonight but she needs a well deserved break, but do not fear, she will be back, in force, tomorrow to continue the story.  Thank you for coming to the blog, for reading, for continuing to come back, and for caring.... it means more than you know.

No comments: