Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

August 30, 2012

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday, August 30, 2012


Today's picture was taken in April of 2002, a day or two after Mattie was born. Labor and delivery was complicated for me, and therefore, we remained in the hospital for five days. As we approach, September 8, the day Mattie died, I feel it is appropriate to go back to Mattie's newborn days and share that happier time with you.


Quote of the day: Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. ~ Albert Einstein


Peter and I are packing up again, this time to go on a road trip to Boston, Massachusetts. Peter's parents are celebrating a milestone anniversary this Saturday and their one request was that both of their sons be there to celebrate it with them. I tried getting there by plane or train, but the cost of tickets for Labor Day weekend were outrageous. So instead, we will be driving, which I am sure will have its own excitement.

I spent part of yesterday preparing the blog for the next five days. Going away doesn't only involve packing and boarding Patches, but it also involves blog work. I have noticed after our two week trip, our dear Patches has come back from the vet an absolute mess. She is howling and crying throughout the day and night (so no sleep is happening this week for us!). She gets very anxious when we are away. I feel guilty each time I board her, but as a sickly cat, she needs access to medical attention if we are not around to observe her.

We will be in the car all day today, so I decided to post today's submission early. Tomorrow evening, I will be writing to you from Boston. Thanks for checking in with us and it is my hope that all our readers have a good Labor Day weekend.
 

No comments: