Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

October 5, 2014

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tonight's picture was taken in October of 2007. I will be posting a series of photos this month of Mattie going to all sorts of Fall Festivals. At each festival, Mattie always came home with a pumpkin and other goodies in hand. As you can see at this particular festival, Mattie was intrigued by the orange VW bug and posed for a photo in front of it. There was no telling what would be featured at each festival, which was what made them so entertaining, not to mention Mattie's reaction to each sighting and experience at them!


Quote of the day: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Franklin D. Roosevelt


Though FDR's quote was not spoken in the context of illness, it nonetheless could very well apply! When you aren't feeling well, fear can take over very easily and your mind can run wild with all sorts of worries as to what could potentially be wrong with you. Unfortunately in my case, I have all sorts of reasons as to why my mind wanders, I lost Mattie to cancer, and I have seen the unexpected can and does happen! Second of which, after I lost Mattie, I went through my own cancer scare which was monitored for over a year. Now I am dealing with kidney stones and that is bad enough but this weekend, another symptom has arisen and the whole fear that started the cancer scans in 2012 is being called to the table again. So needless to say, FDR's quote speaks volumes to me today. This type of stress, I literally can't handle!


I wasn't up for much today and Peter tried his best to divert my attention. Which wasn't easy. The one thing I did leave our home for, was to visit Mattie's tree. His plaque has now been moved to his new tree location!





Mattie's Tree has now lost its gator bag as the colder weather is approaching and it is being braced with posts for support. You can now see the plaque at its base. So the tree now seems very ready to meet the colder weather months that are approaching. 

No comments: