Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

September 20, 2017

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Tonight's picture was taken during Mattie's last semester in preschool, in 2007. Every Monday, his class visited the neighboring retirement community/adult care facility. I always went with Mattie's class on those days. Not because the teachers asked me, but one day while being a Monday parent helper, I saw the teachers really needed an extra pair of hands getting kids jackets on, having them line up and taking them for a walk (which involved crossing a street) to the center. Of course once inside, the kids needed help interacting with the older adults and encouragement in whatever activity they were going to perform together. On this particular visit Mattie's class enacted the Three Little Pigs to the older adults. Mattie was the kid in stripes, holding up a wolf mask. This was a very well received performance and the kids had a great time hamming it up!


Quote of the day: Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden


Do you ever have a day that gets commandeered by something you didn't expect. Well on top of a head cold, which is making me very sleepy, I received a 400 page document in my e-mail inbox today. This document has to be read before my Friday licensure board meeting. Perhaps this last minute dump doesn't bother some people, but it bothers me. So I pleasantly let it be known. It is not fair to expect professionals to stop what they are doing to prepare for a meeting last minute. As the chair of the board, I really have to read all the content so I can have an opinion on each of the documents before talking to other members of the board. So if I wasn't walking Sunny today, I was reading this document. Glued to our kitchen table! May tomorrow be a better day. 


No comments: