Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

June 12, 2017

Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday, June 12, 2017

Tonight's picture was taken in June of 2009. Mattie was most likely coming in for an admission to the PICU. I can tell because if he were leaving the hospital, he most likely would have been in pajamas. That was Mattie's clothes of choice in the hospital. Naturally I wasn't going to fight him on that!

Pictured with Mattie in the front row from left to right is Tricia and Kathleen. Both outstanding HEM/ONC nurses. Though Tricia has been adopted into our family in a way. Standing next to me is Bernadette, who was a nurse tech on the floor. The only nurse tech I actually liked. Not all techs are created equal and as Mattie's issues got more pronounced, only nurses worked with him. Which I appreciated!


Quote of the day: Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. ~ Colette




This morning, Indie was the first to come home. She was thrilled and they love her at the vet. They think she is shy but very lovable. Indie has spent the ENTIRE day outside sitting on our deck! Mind you it is in the upper 90s today, with high humidity. She isn't affected at all. 





















Meanwhile, this was Sunny's report card from Dogtopia. I love that I received text messages from Dogtopia daily, that I could see Sunny for myself each day on their webcam, and when I pick him up, I get a little report card about his week. 


When Sunny got home, I took him for a three mile walk around the Potomac River. It was broiling outside and when he came back home he literally passed out under the air conditioning vent for two hours!
Indie was inside and outside! She has readjusted to being home and is eating up a storm!













Peter went with me today when I picked up Sunny. After we picked him up, I had to visit Mattie Miracle's PO Box, which isn't far from Dogtopia. When I got out of the car to go into the Post Office, Peter captured Sunny's reaction to my departure! It was a hoot for me to see.

Sunny:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=503836166614109&id=100009631901344

No comments: