Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 29, 2015

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2005. That Christmas we took Mattie to Boston to celebrate the holiday with Peter's parents. Mattie got to do something Peter grew up doing....sledding down the hill in the front of his house. As you can see Mattie had a huge smile on his face as he enjoyed the thrill of going down hills in the snow. 



Quote of the day: The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.Pierre Corneille



This evening, Peter and I held a birthday party in my mom's honor at a restaurant called Bistro Garden. When I was in college and would return home to visit my parents, we would on occasion go to this restaurant. It is a very memorable place, for its food but also for its charming garden setting! 



You can get a feeling for the gardens inside the restaurant with its huge picture windows. 

Living on a different coast than my parents, I wasn't going to plan a surprise party or arrange for anything that they did not want. I find birthdays are special, but also we all have our own way we want to acknowledge them. Therefore, before planning this dinner, I checked it out with my mom. 

Here is our group of 10 tonight at the Restaurant! The restaurant was all dressed up for Christmas and it was truly magical inside with white lights, poinsettias, a Christmas tree, and big tasteful ornaments hanging from the ceiling. 







A photo of Peter and I with my parents. 



















Another photo of the four of us. 





















I have known Angel and Sarge since I was a teenager. They were our neighbors who lived across the street from us. I haven't seen them for over a decade and it was truly a gift to reconnect with them tonight. 







This is a photo of my parents with their friends, Marie and Gary. 













My mom with her friends, Cecile and John. My mom has known Cecile for thirty years!











A photo of me with Angel!















My mom right before blowing out her birthday cake. This was one special cake. The outside of the cake had this amazing toasted coconut and inside the cake itself was very light and fluffy and filled with fresh strawberries. 










The flower arrangement for the table! I counted this display and there are over 40 roses in it and its fragrance is intoxicating!!! 


No comments: