Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

June 30, 2018

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Tonight's picture was taken in June of 2007. Mattie was five years old and visiting his favorite theme park... Legoland. That summer Mattie not only enjoyed seeing all the Legos but he absolutely LOVED going on all the roller coasters. Not just once but MANY times. Fortunately Peter likes roller coasters, because there was no way I could have gone on those rides with him. I was the designated family photographer instead. 


Quote of the day: There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life. Mary Rose Mcgeady



The day started with my dad not feeling well. With all the stress of the move and all the activity involved with that, he pinched a nerve in his back. So the first order was to contact his physician and get him the appropriate medication to manage this condition. In the midst of this, as you can see the pile by the front door is growing. Boxes and bags fill the hallway, as they are getting staged for pick up by the Disabled American Veterans next week. 

I am trying to help purge things in linen closets, which means donation of pillows, pillow cases and towels. I used the dining room table today to wash about five loads of different linens. 










I also went around the house collecting all cleaning supplies and bagged them. This evening we are doing a final walk through of their new home and officially get the keys. So with that in mind, I have loaded the car with the vacuum and bags upon bags of cleaning supplies. Though their movers come next week to help pack and move them on July 7th and 9th, I am trying to move little things to help make set up in their new home as efficient as possible. There are everyday things and personal items that really only we can manage ourselves. I have moved many times before and though professional movers are fantastic, they do not pack like we think. Or by how we use items! Which really means certain things need to be packed by us. 

Peter sends me a "pooch" shot of the day while I am away. Apparently Sunny was super happy and excited this morning, as Peter was playing with him. You may not be able to tell but Sunny was barking up a storm here in joy! 
A tail wagging a mile a minute!
My smiling pooch!

1 comment:

Margy Jost said...

Vicki, I love all pictures, I see of Mattie and your quotes always catch my heart