Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

July 2, 2018

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Tonight's picture was taken in August of 2007. I remember snapping this photo of Mattie and Peter. We were in San Diego and the bridge from San Diego to the island of Coronado was in the background. Mattie loved adventure, travel, and new experiences. 





Quote of the day: It takes ONE FAMILY to make a difference in this COMMUNITY. It takes ONE PERSON to make a difference in this FAMILY. Nisandeh Neta

It isn't easy to move, because it involves purging things.... donating and throwing out! Which is tedious and time consuming. Though professional movers are coming next week to pack my parent's home, I am trying to move as much as I can to make the transition to a new home more manageable. Having access to one's clothes, everyday tableware, soaps, laundry material, and so forth are crucial. 

We made great strides today with carrying every piece of clothing in the master bedroom closet to their new home. This involved carrying the clothing downstairs, loading the car, driving to the new house, and carrying the clothing upstairs and rearranging it in the new closet. May sound easy but clothing is bulky and very heavy!
Naturally with clothing also come shoes. I will take shoes over clothes any day! Clothes are a nightmare to move. So far they have been my least favorite item in this move!
Toward the end of the day, we loaded the car up with everyday china and started loading up the cabinets. Keep in mind before we put the items in the cabinets they had to be cleaned. Needless to say it was another full day. As of today, I have been in Los Angeles for a week, and I feel like I have accomplished two months of work so far. I realize it will only get worse once the movers come on the scene, as it will be a lot to manage in order for items to get placed into the correct rooms. I maybe strong, but I know my limits with furniture. 

No comments: