Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 15, 2015

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tonight's picture was taken in September of 2005. I just found this photo on our Shutterfly online account. I totally forgot that we took Mattie peach picking. But after I saw this photo, I do remember that we came home with a ton of peaches. I made all sorts of things, including jam. 
Mattie loved the whole experience and thought it was fabulous to be able to pick a real fruit off the tree and eat it. He was our little Farmer Brown. 


Quote of the day: There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well.The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and everyday confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense. Jane Austen


This was the view of the Gulf of Mexico from our hotel room. We started the day slowly, returning emails and getting fresh breezes from our room's balcony. It was a delightful morning. 









We were able to have breakfast outside at the hotel and that was equally delightful. Near the restaurant's patio was this wonderful fountain filled with water lilies, koi, ducks, and even a frog.








When I approached the fountain, this duck started quacking at me! She was making a racket until I purchased fish food for her and her buddy!










The water lilies in the fountain. It was a real Monet moment.

We are now back in DC safely! Seems like we just left. When we got home tonight, we transported 600 pounds of candy to the car in order for me to make two more deliveries tomorrow.... Hospital for Sick Children and the DC Ronald McDonald house!











No comments: