Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 29, 2019

Friday, November 28, 2019

Friday, November 28, 2019

Tonight's picture was taken in November of 2008. Mattie was home from the hospital and he and Peter went to Home Depot and picked a special light to add to their Christmas light display. A display that they would assemble every year, the day after Thanksgiving. Mattie was a huge Scooby Doo fan, so I am not surprised he picked this Great Dane. That year, 2008, was the last year we decorated for the holidays inside and out. 


Quote of the day: Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds. ~ Theodore Roosevelt


This is a photo of Peter and me with our God Daughter, Charlotte. So happy we captured this moment last night. 







During the beginning of November, as we were knee deep in the candy drive, we had a new couch delivered. It was entertaining trying to balance all of this!

This photo is of our old couch. When I say this couch was OLD, I am not kidding, as it was close to 30 years old. So old, that I constantly had it covered in a couch cover. A cover which I changed maybe every other year. 
See what the old couch looked like without the cover? My mom bought me this couch when I first moved into an apartment in Boston to attend graduate school. This couch has served me well..... as it took me from a student to a professional, Mattie grew up with this couch, family and friends slept on the pull out mattress, and frankly it was a consistent in our lives. 
This is the new couch. It is much larger and until we got it, I did not realize how bad our old couch was. Peter has been complaining about the old couch for years, but I don't take to change easily. 

That is until I had kidney stone surgery in March. When I got home to recover, I sat on the couch. Since it was so low and saggy I couldn't easily get up on my own. That was it! I knew we had to make a change.

I would say that the couch is a great new addition, that made entertaining during Thanksgiving much easier. As everyone can easily sit on this couch and there is plenty of room. 

No comments: