Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

January 26, 2020

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sunday, January 26, 2020

This photo was taken on January 13, 2009. We took Mattie on a boat tour around New York City. A kind passenger snapped this photo of us. Due note that we were on the Hudson River two days before the US Airways 
Flight 1549 crash (the plane after takeoff from New York City's LaGuardia Airport struck a flock of Canada geese and consequently lost all engine power). Two days after this photo was taken, many boats like the one we were on went to the crash site to pick up passengers in the water. 


Quote of the day: Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes


I am still dealing with a swollen ankle, but as long as I can walk, I do! We took Sunny for a visit around Roosevelt Island today. That is two days in a row, and he loves it. He meets other dogs there, we talk to other owners, and he loves checking out the trees, bushes, and the boardwalk. Then Peter and I put our minds together and started working on some promotional material that our board member requested. Clearly Peter or I could have done this alone, but like Holmes' quote, I do think that when we dialogue and share ideas, what we generate is more meaningful and impactful. 

Meanwhile, check this out! This is Pastries by Randolph in Arlington, VA. My friend Carolyn gave me cupcakes from this bakery last year. I asked her where this place was located and today I had the opportunity to visit it for the first time. It is like walking into a candy store. So many wonderful products for the eyes to see. I haven't seen a bakery like the caliber of this one in our area in a long time. I was on a mission to buy cupcakes for a friend of mine and I was totally impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of the women working behind the counter. 

No comments: