Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

June 11, 2012

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday, June 11, 2012

Tonight's picture was taken in May of 2007. Mattie and Peter went swimming at the hotel we stayed at in Lancaster, PA. I will never forget that hotel, since several of the personnel who served Mattie breakfast fell in love with him. They gave him a chef's hat and basically whatever he wanted to eat! He enjoyed the experience thoroughly.


Quote of the day: Kind words are the music of the world.  ~ F. W. Faber


I had the opportunity to have lunch today with my friend Carolyn. Originally she and I were just going to exchange some Foundation Walk materials, but then we decided to meet. Going out with friends does perk up my mood and help me forget about certain aspects of my life. Carolyn and I are already talking about next year's raffle, strategizing, and also coming up with other ways to feature her daughter's beautiful hairbands, which were sold at the Walk. So I felt like lots of good ideas were shared over lunch, which gives me things to think about!

As the day wore on, my headache was overwhelming, and as I said to Peter it must be a wonderful feeling for people to live a day without a headache. I unfortunately do not know what such a day looks like. I haven't for over 10 years now. Some days the pain is tolerable and other days it is over the top. I am having an over the top moment this week.

I am headed back to my zumba class tomorrow, and trying to restart an exercise routine, which I find usually helps me get on track and in a better mood. Until tomorrow!

No comments: