Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

May 18, 2014

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tonight's picture was taken in October of 2007. It is one of my favorite photos I ever took of Mattie! On the eve of our 5th anniversary Walk, I reflect on this beautiful face and it reminds me why I kill myself to put this Walk together. Certainly I do it for the health and welfare of the Foundation and to help other children and families. But at the core what always drives me is Mattie's memory. Probably that is my ultimate compass in life, caring for Mattie. Whether Mattie was alive or now this means caring for and protecting his memory through the Foundation. Preserving and respecting that memory are vital to me, which is why every aspect of the Walk and our events are important to me. The details are important, because it is within those details that certain nuisances of Mattie are revealed. 


Quote of the day: There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. ~ Beverly Sills

It is 12:30am, I am exhausted and have to get up in less than 6 hours to get ready to prepare for the Foundation Walk set up. It is hard to believe that this day is upon us! I don't know where the time has gone. We now have my parents, Peter's parents, and my lifetime friend Karen in town! All to help support us through the Walk. There was a ton of last minute things to do today, including loading up the SUV with Walk materials. That alone is a huge operation and production! I feel so much rides upon this Walk, mainly because the Walk provides a good portion of our annual operating budget! So to me Walk season signifies PRESSURE and STRESS. It is my hope at this time tomorrow, I can feel happy about what we were able to accomplish for the Foundation. But in the mean time, please keep your fingers crossed for us. We thank all of our supporters for their kindness and generosity! Without you we would not be able to reach our targeted financial goal! 


No comments: