Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

February 15, 2018

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Tonight's picture was taken in February of 2006. Mattie was three years old and in preschool. On Valentine's Day the kids exchanged cards with one another. I could have gone out and bought cards for Mattie, but I figured it would be more fun for him to create his own cards. Mattie loved art projects of all kinds. We did Valentine's Day cards for a couple of years together. But this wasn't an unusual sighting in our dining room. I literally would cover the floor with newspaper and lay out different craft projects. Mattie would always jump right in and he somehow understood that paint, glue, clay, and glitter all stayed on this drop cloth.  


Quote of the day: Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.Susan Gale



Last night, my parents and I went out to dinner for Valentine's Day. Typically none of us go out on this day, but since we were altogether, we did something different. The restaurant was extremely crowded. In fact, all of the local restaurants were telling us today how packed and busy they were for Valentine's Day! I had no idea. 
As I typically do, I did some plantings today in my parent's garden. Check out this glorious purple daisy! It's electric. It was in the 80's today! Absolutely glorious weather. I have not had one grey or cold day yet. Night and day difference from Washington, DC! 
A lovely white daisy! It is truly remarkable that people are out and about and we are surrounded by greenery. While DC is most likely dealing with its typical grayness or raining. 

My last day is tomorrow! I have to prepare myself for the weather that will hit me on Saturday. 

1 comment:

Margy Jost said...

Vicki, I love seeing pictures of Mattie doing art projects! I know Mattie & I would have been good friends because we would have enjoyed working quietly together on fun projects.

Your quote touched my heart & resonated with me!